Please join us in welcoming Melissa Barber to Tangram! Melissa will be joining the Education Team as an Inside Sales Representative. She graduated from University of Arizona in 2011 and previously worked at a wholesale apparel company in retail sales and account management. Originally from Arizona, Melissa now considers the Golden State her home– which suits her spirit animal, a golden retriever, very nicely. She’s a big fan of pasta and uses just the right amount of sass with her emojis. We are so excited to have Melissa’s positive energy on board! Welcome to the Family, we’re happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
My name is Melissa Barber and I am an Inside Sales Representative on Amber Jones’ team!
2. Where is your hometown?
I am originally from Scottsdale, AZ but I love calling California home!
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I previously worked for a wholesale apparel company where I was managing accounts for large retailers. I also have experience Retail Management and Merchandise Planning!
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you’d d0?
Take my parents on a vacation, donate to a special cause and then buy a house!
5. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
A golden retriever because everyone loves them!
6. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
PASTA because Italian food is delicious!
7. What are you most looking forward to in your new role at Tangram?
Learning how the furniture industry operates and using that to be successful in my new role!
8. What was your dream job growing up?
I enjoy helping others so I always wanted to be a teacher.
9. Which emoji do you use the most?
10. What do you hope to bring to the Tangram team?
I hope to bring positive energy and a great attitude