Please join us in welcoming Jason Romero to Tangram! Jason is joining the team as a Sales Assistant for our Newport Beach office, previously working for a furniture rental company. This California native loves the Cowboys, Iron Man and Colombian cuisine. We are thrilled to have Jason’s new perspective and knowledge here at Tangram— he will be a great asset to the Newport team. Welcome, Jason, we’re happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Jason Romero, Sales Assistant
2. Where is your hometown?
I was born in Culver City and moved around the O.C. and I.E. a little bit when I was younger, but ended up in Costa Mesa almost 7 years ago.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I previously worked at a furniture rental company for 13 years. I was responsible for handling all the walk-ins, call-ins and email traffic along with supporting and closing all the business for my (4) outside sales reps. Along with that I worked with our operations team to schedule and coordinate deliveries/pickups.
4. What is something you recently crossed off your bucket list?
I’m a Cowboys fan and have always wanted to see them play. I recently went to Boston to see them take on the Patriots and it ended up being a freezing, windy, rainy game, definitely something I’ll remember and I can cross off my bucket list.
5. How would you describe your favorite food to someone who’s never had it before?
My favorite food would be a Colombian dish that I always eat when I go to visit my family in South America, called Bandeja Paisa. It’s a hearty mix of white rice, red beans, shredded meat, chorizo, pork rind, fried egg, avocado, arepa and a plantain. It’s a lot of food but so good!!
6. If you could have lunch with someone famous (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
Robert Downey Jr. because he’s the epitome of my childhood hero, Iron Man. The first Iron Man movie also started the largest movie franchise in history.
7. What are you most looking forward to in your new role at Tangram?
Learning new processes and working closely with different departments and vendors to help grow the business as a whole while ensuring our clients have the best possible customer experience.
8. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Quit my job after 13 years!
9. How many donuts are you capable of eating in one sitting?
All of the donuts!! I try to stay away from them but they are like Oreo’s, you can never just have 1!
10. What do you hope to bring to the Tangram team?
I hope to bring my dedication and knowledge of the furniture rental world to a fun and innovative team.