Tangram, a curator of highly creative commercial interior environments and workspaces, has completed a significant refresh of the Writers Guild of America West headquarters in Los Angeles. The renovation was designed to help the Guild better define space usage, workflow and functionality throughout the facility.
The four-phase project began in mid-2017 and encompassed all four floors of the building, after the Guild decided not to move from a choice location at West Third Street and South Fairfax Avenue across from the popular Farmers Market and The Grove retail and entertainment complex.
Goals for the project focused on meeting spaces that are comfortable and reconfigurable as well as office space furnishings that are adjustable for employee comfort and can be personalized. Elements included:
- Flooring –Shaw carpet on each floor
- Window Shades – Hunter Douglas shades from Smart Window Coverings
- Glass Walls & Doors – Muraflex Fino for offices and conference rooms on the first and second floors
- Meeting Spaces – Answer workstations, Lagunitas lounge chairs and personal tables, Switch lounge chairs and bar-height stools, Brody lounge chairs, Campfire foot rests, Montara café tables and chairs, Enea café tables, Cobi chairs, Massaud low-back chairs, Applause flip-top tables, Steelcase Thread power distribution, power strips with USB clamp mount
- Conference Rooms – Enwork Equilibrium center-support tables, Massaud low- and mid-back chairs, Exponents Mediaboard whiteboards, Steelcase Moby mobile unit
- Office Spaces – Answer workstations, Ology height-adjustable desks (L-shape and rectangular), Passerelle benches, Lagunitas tables, Gesture/Think/Amia/Qivi chairs, Mobile Pedestal, Answer wall units with wardrobe cabinet, Steelcase CF Series monitor arms, power strips with USB clamp mount
- Workspace Technology – Advanced, user-friendly presentation and collaboration solutions for meeting spaces, conference rooms and 200-seat multi-purpose room with adjoining, partitionable pre-function area: NEC and Sharp large-format LCD displays, Planar ultra-thin bezel video walls, Polycom videoconferencing codecs with native BlueJeans interoperability, Vaddio cameras and precision controllers, Barco wireless content sharing, ClearOne beamforming ceiling mic arrays and signal processing supplemented with Shure digital wireless handheld mics, customized “house” audio system compatible with external mixing consoles for live events, and Crestron switching, automation and GUI-based touchscreen control; systems engineered on 4K backbone with IP-based control and strict network security
Tangram was selected for the project due to its capabilities for effectively managing multiple orders and installations. The Guild needed a reliable partner to establish a process for planning, designing, ordering and inspections prior to installation. Working with Tangram, the Guild was able to achieve upgrades on a four-month rolling schedule with a minimum of disruption or relocation of members, staff and guests.
Tangram provides solutions that foster workplace satisfaction, collaboration and productivity while enhancing the client’s brand and culture. In addition to its core contract furniture offering, the company operates seven additional business units for a comprehensive approach to workplace design. This range of services allows for top-to-bottom involvement that integrates each aspect of planning, design and installation.