1. Name, title?
Cassie Stepanek; Industrial Designer
2. Where is your hometown?
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I was a furniture designer at MASHstudios for the past couple of years. I’ve also dabbled in curation and exhibition design a bit.
4. What are you known for amongst your friends?
It’s kind of like in that one song by Courtney Barnett, “I wanna go out but I wanna stay home”.
5. What is one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already?
How to travel.
6. What is a fun fact about yourself?
I toured the country playing soccer for a bit.
7. If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which one would you give up and why?
Smell. Because a lot of things literally stink.
8. What are you most looking forward to in your new role at Tangram?
I’m excited to collaborate on designs and learn new perspectives.
9. What was your dream job growing up?
I didn’t understand what design was growing up, I thought that everything was an invention. So I wanted to be an inventor, haha, and I became obsessed with all of the famous inventors throughout time.
10. If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future and why?
The future for sure. The past is jaded.