1. Name, title?
Javier Mayer, Human Resources Generalist
2. Where is your hometown?
I live in the eclectic city of Long Beach but originally hail from Downey.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I was the Talent Acquisition Specialist at a luxury cannabis brand.
4. What is a fun fact about yourself?
I was on a reality TV dating show in my 20s. Super cringeworthy, and if you want to know more, you have to come meet me and talk to me!
5. If you were trapped on an island which three things would you want to have with you and why?
A bag of seeds so I could grow rice and vegetables, a chicken so I could eat eggs every day, and a knife for when I want chicken fried rice.
6. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I’ve eaten some crazy things, but probably the weirdest thing has been a red fire ant. They have a slightly citrusy flavor.
7. What are you most looking forward to in your new role at Tangram?
I’m looking forward to sharing my knowledge while also learning, and being part of a best-in-industry team. I’ve heard so many wonderful things about the Tangram culture!
8. What is your go-to Karaoke song and why?
Ok so this is a sort of running joke with my friends, but I always sing “Close to You” by The Carpenters. I get really into it, and there’s choreography involved.
9. You’re throwing a party, what would be the theme and who would be the guest of honor?
I love Halloween so the theme would be related to that, and my guests of honor would be the three hitchhiking ghosts on the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland.
10. What do you hope to bring to the Tangram team?
I have honed my recruiting skills over the past 6 years in various industries. I’m bringing my ability to build and maintain relationships, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and be an advocate for the Tangram team. Y tambien hablo español, asi que aqui estoy para ustedes.