Please join us in welcoming Ashlee Malone to Tangram! Ashlee is joining the Dallas team as a Sales Executive, bringing sales and education experience from her previous roles at Steelcase. She was a middle school history teacher before that! When she's not in the office, you'll find Ashlee exploring local spots—from breweries, to good eats, to picturesque lakes— or binging a historical fiction series with her husband. We are thrilled to have Ashlee and her firsthand education experience and knowledge here at Tangram. Welcome, Ashlee, we're happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Ashlee Malone - Sales Executive
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
Bryan College Station for 18 years; Austin for 4 years; Dallas has been home since 2006.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I taught 8th grade history for almost 10 years; spent the last 8 years at Steelcase, first as a Regional Education Leader (4 years) and most recently as the Dealer Business Manager for DFW.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Unfortunately, laundry. Between loads I hang with family and friends — we like to try new spots in Dallas! Breweries, activities, the zoo, the lake!
5. When people visit your town, what are the top local spot(s) you recommend to them?
So many good options for food. East Dallas Favorites are Lounge Here, Oak Highlands Brewery, and Hudson House.
6. What’s your favorite holiday and/or season? Why?
Fourth of July has always been my favorite holiday - when I was little we would spend it at the family lake house, and there would be cookouts, swimming, boating and fireworks. I now love sharing this day/weekend with my family.
7. If we didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Travel anywhere and everywhere.
8. What show are you currently binge-watching? Or, which show/channel is your “go-to”?
Anything on Bravo (yes it's trashy), HBO, or BritBox - my husband and I love a good mystery show or historical fiction.
9. Have you ever met (or want to meet) anyone famous? If so, who?
As a former history teacher - any founder father and a famous Texan - Barbara Jordan. I have run into several random celebrities during college on 6th street in Austin. Quintin Tarintino licked my friend's face when she asked for a picture.
10. What are you most looking forward to at Tangram and what do you hope to bring to the team?
The team and the energy surrounding Tangram. It is contagious. I am looking forward to being a part of this team! I have a large network here in Dallas, and know what/how a teacher thinks, so speaking their language has helped me be successful in the past.