Join us in welcoming Emily Lake to Tangram. Emily, a native Texan will be joining us in Dallas as a Designer. She enjoys getting to meet new people and worked previously for a Steelcase dealership. She's practicing her Spanish so say "Hola!" to Emily, and welcome to the team!
1. Name, title?
Emily Lake, Designer
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
I’m a Texas girl through and through. I was born in San Angelo but grew up in Flower Mound and still reside here today.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I worked for a Steelcase Dealership a little over two years ago, but most recently, I have been utilizing the rideshare platforms and learning so much as I drive folks around the metroplex.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
To be real, running errands and doing household chores. I know, supercool. But a slow morning with an elaborate breakfast and good tunes is a fun way for me to start off the weekend.
5. When people visit your town, what are the top local spot(s) you recommend to them?
Googling “events” and seeing what is happening around the town is my go-to. It’s all about curating a visit special to the individual, but regardless, it’d involve food and exploration. Food spots, I am loving right now: Honeybirds, Salsa Verde, Pho Beef Noodle & Grill, Oishii, and Cuba Bella Cafe.
6. What is a topic you wish you knew more about or a skill you want to learn/improve?
Currently I am learning Spanish a couple of DuoLingo lessons at a time. I too am really interested in learning best practices to build wealth, learning how to grow what I eat, and cooking. I read cookbooks like they are novels.
7. Tell us about the best or most memorable meal you've cooked or eaten! What made it special?
One of the most memorable meals I have cooked to date was during COVID. To bring people together, Samin Nosrat threw a virtual dinner party and invited everyone to make her Big Lasagna. It took me all day to complete, and when I say all day, I mean all day – nine hours in the kitchen!! I made a cake during this time too, but yeah, it was an intense, amazing day of exploring so many new cooking techniques.You should check it out: https://youtu.be/GLma4QPNSyg (Durning these nine hours, I probably watched this video twenty times. Haha!)
8. What is your favorite memory from the past year?
Attending the 50th Annual Balloon Festival in Albuquerque and then spontaneously turning it into a week long vacation that included: The Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend.
9. Show us your true colors! Which professional and/or college team(s) do you cheer for?
I don’t. I do, however, enjoy going to a Texas Ranger’s game – it is nostalgic.
10. What are you most looking forward to at Tangram and what do you hope to bring to the team?
With Tangram, it began by flipping a tanking dealership in California to successfully expanding it into five different locations, and now, it’s Dallas’ turn. I most look forward to growing with the company and being a part of the Dallas team as we make our presence known and build our reputation in the market. I am hopeful my optimistic, solution-driven approach will help the team win business and internally aid in solving unmet opportunities. I look forward to learning from my peers and crushing it together!