Please join us in welcoming Jesica Alvarado to Tangram! Jesica is joining the Santa Fe Springs TCT team as an Estimator, bringing subcontract estimating experience from her last job. When she's not in the office, you'll find her spending time with family, watching movies or hiking along the ocean trails. We're thrilled to have Jesica as a hardworking and reliable team member. Welcome, Jesica, we're happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Jesica Alvarado, Commercial Flooring Estimator
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
My hometown is Wilmington, CA but I currently reside in Long Beach, CA.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I worked for a flooring subcontract. I estimated/bid multi-family, hospitality, and mixed-used projects. Aside from estimating, I also ran a project from start to finish dealing with change orders, schedule of values, ordering logs, etc.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Spending time with my family and watching movies.
5. When people visit your town, what are the top local spot(s) you recommend to them?
I would definitely suggest some local spots in neighboring cities like the ocean trails or abalone cove for a nice hike.
6. What’s a topic you wish you knew more about or a skill you want to learn/improve?
7. Which 3 words would your family/friends use to describe you?
Friendly, caring, and easy going
8. What’s your favorite movie, book, or musical artist/band?
This is a tough one because there are too many to choose from. The only band that I would consider high on my list, due to the multiple number of times that I listened to the complete album, is Foster the People.
9. Tell us about the best or most memorable meal you’ve cooked or eaten! What made it special?
Two years ago I decided to cook a ribeye steak dinner. I was extremely nervous and afraid that I was going to overcook the steak, since it's so easy to do. Luckily it came out perfectly juicy and tender. Being able to prepare the entire meal from scratch and it tasting pretty amazing made it a very special meal.
10. What are you most looking forward to at Tangram and what do you hope to bring to the team?
Excited to meet new people, work for a great company, and continue growing in my professional career. I hope to be a hardworking reliable team player that can share the knowledge I’ve acquired throughout my professional career.