Join us in welcoming Mark Chaput to Tangram. Mark Chaput previously worked at Steelcase and is a familiar face to many of us at Tangram. He will be joining the team as our Vice President of Sales - Los Angeles. Mark is a major soccer fan who enjoys spending time with his large extended family. Welcome to the team Mark, we're happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Mark Chaput, Vice President of Sales - Los Angeles
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
I was raised in Placentia (nobody ever knows where this is!) and have lived in Claremont for the last 22 years.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I worked for Steelcase as the Regional Sales Leader.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
This time of year, attending our youngest daughter's soccer games, refereeing soccer games, meeting up with our older daughters, going to LAFC games, and meeting up with friends for a drink or dinner. We have a large extended family, so a birthday, anniversary, baby shower, or holiday gathering is always possible!
5. When people visit your town, what are the top local spot(s) you recommend to them?
A Mt. Baldy hike, a pre-dinner beer at Claremont Craft Ales (across the street from our house) and then dinner at Union on Yale, Tutti Mangia, or Gus's Barbecue. Breakfast the next day at Bardot or a bagel at 42nd Street. Sunday morning walks through the Claremont Colleges and the Farmer's Market are a must.
6. What is a topic you wish you knew more about or a skill you want to learn/improve?
I've always been a wanna-be musician. No talent but tons of interest and desire! I took 5 years of French in HS and college and have used it many times. I would like to be a better French speaker, but more importantly, I would like to learn Spanish!
7. Tell us about the best or most memorable meal you've cooked or eaten! What made it special?
The two most memorable meals I've ever had were both at Angelo & Vinci's in Fullerton. Our wedding reception meal 29 years ago and our 25th anniversary with our wedding party four years ago. Can't go wrong with great Italian food and being with all the people you love!
8. What is your favorite memory from the past year?
Can't pick just one! Family vacation in Park City, watching LAFC win MLS Cup, watching my daughter sing in HS choir concerts, and celebrating my Mom's 75th birthday in Paso Robles.
9. Show us your true colors! Which professional and/or college team(s) do you cheer for?
My collegiate alliances are with Cal Poly Pomona (alma mater) and Cal Poly SLO (where all my money goes!), although they're not reliable annual contenders in any sport! My pro alliances are all with soccer: LAFC, San Diego Wave (NWSL) and the US Men's and Women's National Teams.
10. What are you most looking forward to at Tangram and what do you hope to bring to the team?
I most look forward to the evolution of the client experience, winning profitable work with exceptional sellers and client teams, and contributing to the Tangram culture that provides the bedrock for the organization's success!I hope to bring insights, coaching, engagement, and support that is informed by many years as a seller and sales leader. I want to listen, evaluate, and act in adding value to our client relationships, my relationships within Tangram, and our relationships with strategic partners. I can't wait to get going!