Please join us in welcoming Michelle Gibbs back to Tangram! This familiar face worked at Tangram before as an Account Manager and Senior Designer, and is re-joining the Santa Fe Springs team as an Account Manager. During her time away, she owned her own design + project management firm. When she has some free time, Michelle will relax on the beach, kayak in the ocean, roller skate or try out a hip-hop class. Michelle was an amazing employee the first go-around, and we're thrilled to have her and her hardworking, friendly and fun personality back on the team. Welcome, Michelle, we're happy to have you back!
1. Name, title?
Michelle Gibbs, Account Manager
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
My father worked for the Navy, so we moved around a lot, but I consider Vienna, Virginia my hometown.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I have been an owner/partner of an interior design/project management firm for the past 17 years. I personally provide full scope interior design, construction interior design, project management, construction project management, account management, move management, FF&E services, sales, and more. I have also been an Account Manager and Senior Designer for Tangram in the past.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Mostly working, but if time permits, I enjoy relaxing on a beach, kayaking in the ocean, roller skating, and taking hip-hop dance classes.
5. When people visit your town, what are the top local spot(s) you recommend to them?
The top spot I always recommend is the beach.
6. What’s a topic you wish you knew more about or a skill you want to learn/improve?
I’m currently working to achieve a LEED ID+C accreditation and am also studying for the NCIDQ.
7. Which 3 words would your family/friends use to describe you?
Hardworking, Friendly, and Fun
8. What’s your favorite movie, book, or musical artist/band?
Missy “Misdemeanor” Elliott
9. Tell us about the best or most memorable meal you’ve cooked or eaten! What made it special?
Any meal that I have not cooked is my favorite meal. I don’t enjoy cooking.
10. What are you most looking forward to at Tangram and what do you hope to bring to the team?
I am looking forward to being back working in a team environment. I truly come from a “teamwork makes the dream work” mentality. I hope that my vast skillset and knowledge is an asset to the team.