Please join us in welcoming Nidia Alvarez to Tangram! Nidia is joining the Dallas team as a Designer, previously working for Steelcase as a Designer for five years. When she's not in the office, you'll find her shopping, watching movies, dancing, or trying out an Italian recipe. We are so excited to have Nadia's experience creativity, and joy on the team. Welcome, Nidia, we're happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Nidia Nayeli Alvarez, Designer
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
I was born in Monterrey in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. From there I have lived in McAllen, TX, Austin, TX and back in Monterrey throughout the years. Currently, I just moved to Dallas to work at Tangram.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I worked 5 years for Steelcase and I was a Designer with a focus on ancillary applications and furniture.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Shopping, watching movies, dancing and spending time with friends and family
5. When people visit your town, what are the top local spot(s) you recommend to them?
In Monterrey, Visit Santiago, Parque Fundidora, Chipinque and go to as much restaurants as you can all of them are really good.
6. What’s a topic you wish you knew more about or a skill you want to learn/improve?
I would like to improve my Portuguese, I would like to learn Italian cooking, I wish I knew more about astrology, tarot, numerology, etc.
7. Which 3 words would your family/friends use to describe you?
Joyful, Energetic, Crazy
8. What’s your favorite movie, book, or musical artist/band?
Movie: The Bucket List, Book: The Alchemist, Musical Artist: Carlos Vives, Marc Anthony and Daddy Yankey
9. Tell us about the best or most memorable meal you’ve cooked or eaten! What made it special?
Most memorable meal was a sushi picnic in Central Park with friends on a business trip. It was so special because that was something that I grew up seeing in movies and it just made my inner child so happy.
10. What are you most looking forward to at Tangram and what do you hope to bring to the team?
I’m looking forward to learning, developing and growing my design experience at Tangram and I hope to bring creativity, new ideas and joy to the team.