Please join us in welcoming Rick Camarero to Tangram! Rick is joining the Santa Fe Springs team as a Project Manager, bringing previous project management experience from Hoag Hospital. When he's not at work, you'll find him training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, watching the Dodgers, working in his garage or hitting up Birreria Villalobos for the best birria tacos. We are thrilled to have Rick, his collaborative attitude, and dad jokes here at Tangram. Welcome, Rick, we're happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Rick Camarero, Project Manager
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
I grew up in Watts and Norwalk, CA and I now live in Downey with my dog Zoe.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I worked for Hoag Hospital. My role was to manage projects from beginning to end. Selecting, procuring, and overseeing the installs of all projects including artwork, plants, signage, furniture, medical equipment, relocations, and general equipment.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Working out, I was about 325lbs a few years back and I am now at 250lbs. Mainly training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, I’ve been training for 10 years and still do competitive events.
5. When people visit your town, what are the top local spot(s) you recommend to them?
There’s nothing local but I will drive about once a month to East LA for Villalobos Birria Tacos, they’re out of this world.
6. What’s your favorite holiday and/or season? Why?
My favorite holiday is Christmas, my family lives in Florida and they usually come to my house for Christmas, it’s the only time when we’re usually all together.
7. If we didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I’d probably be working. I love working with my hands so my garage is my fortress for any custom projects.
8. What show are you currently binge-watching? Or, which show/channel is your “go-to”?
I don’t watch TV that much, but I’ll usually watch sports, that’s about it. GO DODGERS!
9. Have you ever met (or want to meet) anyone famous? If so, who?
I’ve met many professional fighters, being that my coach used to be one of them, we constantly have access to many UFC/Pride/Bellator fighters. I met Mike Tyson a few months ago, that was pretty cool. I’m glad I met him now and not the 1990’s version of him. He’s very kind and humble and is not shy about speaking his mind.
10. What are you most looking forward to at Tangram and what do you hope to bring to the team?
I am looking to build a long healthy relationship with Tangram, room for growth is always the top priority when joining an organization and I look to achieve that here. I hope to be able to provide help for those who need and gain knowledge from those willing to share it. Working collectively to be successful is key and I hope to be an essential part of this team. Also I will be providing dad jokes for all who need to laugh or roll their eyes anytime 😊