Help us welcome Scott Birdsong to Tangram. Scott will be joining our Dallas team as a Regional Operations Manager for Tangram Technology. His family operates a local Makerspace in Dallas where you can find him on weekends. Welcome to Tangram Scott!
1. Name, title?
Scott Birdsong, Regional Operations Manager for Tangram Technology
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
Born in Houston, Texas, and now live in a suburb outside of Dallas called Rockwall, Texas.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I worked for a consulting firm as a Senior Technology Consultant; specializing in Audio, Video, and Collaboration Systems.
4. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
My family and I operate a local community Makerspace; so we are usually there on the weekends (...or doing yard work at home).
5. When people visit your town, what are the top local spot(s) you recommend to them?
Texas BBQ joint, a Whiskey Bar, and Live Music Venue.
6. What is a topic you wish you knew more about or a skill you want to learn/improve?
I've always wanted to learn to play the drums.
7. Tell us about the best or most memorable meal you've cooked or eaten! What made it special?
Southern-fried lobster tail on my wedding anniversary. Expensive dinner, a fancy hotel room, and a limo. Oh, and that was also the night we found out that my wife was allergic to shellfish. :(
8. What is your favorite memory from the past year?
Family vacation. Rented a cabin up in the Ozark Mountains.
9. Show us your true colors! Which professional and/or college team(s) do you cheer for?
Not a sports fan. But, my wife and kids follow Texas A&M football and of course, the Dallas Cowboys.
10. What are you most looking forward to at Tangram and what do you hope to bring to the team?
I am excited about the culture and the people at Tangram. My goal at Tangram is to help our clients better understand the capabilities of current technologies and work to create a solution that not only meets but exceeds their expectations.