Please join us in welcoming Derrick Bell to Tangram! Derrick is joining the Dallas team as a Scheduling Supervisor, bringing similar experience from a Steelcase dealership in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He'll probably be the coolest person you'll meet because he saw Run-DMC at Fresh Fest 2 in 1984. But when he's not in the office or witnessing hip hop history, you'll find Derrick being up for an adventure with his wife on the weekend. Welcome, Derrick, we're happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Derrick Bell, Scheduling Supervisor
2. Where is your hometown and where do you live now?
My hometown is Grand Rapids, Michigan and I currently reside in Irving, Texas.
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I was self-employed in the office furniture industry, but worked primarily at a Steelcase dealership in Grand Rapids, Michigan known as Custer Inc. My last role at Custer was as a contractor in the Installation Foreman position.
4. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Romany Malco (known from movie “40 Year Old Virgin”)
5. What three words would your friends use to describe you?
Nice, Cool, and Fun
6. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
7. What’s the first concert you ever went to?
Fresh Fest 2 in 1984 (Run-DMC, Fat Boys, Whodini and more)
8. Are you more productive in the mornings, afternoons or evenings? Why?
I am more productive in the mornings because, like a marathon, I prefer to start out strong then set my pace for the rest of race. I also prefer to tackle the challenges early on so I don’t get surprised later with lengthy unwanted energy.
9. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Trying to do something fun yet relaxing, but more than likely forced into something that my wife is interested in.
10. What are you most looking forward to in your new role and what do you hope to bring to the team?
I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and enjoying our professional path together; while learning as much as possible to gain mastery at my position. I hope that I can bring knowledge, trustworthiness, and a smile through the good days and the difficult days.